I love their description of their tech using the term "size of photons" so.. is light just a particle now? I can take a ruler and measure the "size of photons"?
I assume he meant photon wavelength reduction. But how can this work based on conservation of energy (physics first principles)? If I reduce the wavelength of each incoming photon, I also increase its energy. Where is that energy coming from?
He means confining the electromagnetic mode. Shrinking photons/ confining wavefront is just a shorthand. Not technically accurate but not nonsense either.
Accurate color reproduction for mobile phone applications? Most of them apply crazy filters anyway so what's the point? Maybe some nerd with an expensive calibrated monitor pixel peeping 😬
Many factual errors here.
ReplyDeleteAt least point them out!
ReplyDeleteThat would be free consulting. It is up to you :)
DeleteSamsung-Sony: thought that the dominating next product will be AI sensing; EyeO: structures seems to be more complicated than I would think needed
ReplyDeleteI would like to understand how photons can be shrunk :D Eyeo YT video 5:20
ReplyDeleteI love their description of their tech using the term "size of photons" so.. is light just a particle now? I can take a ruler and measure the "size of photons"?
DeleteI assume he meant photon wavelength reduction. But how can this work based on conservation of energy (physics first principles)? If I reduce the wavelength of each incoming photon, I also increase its energy. Where is that energy coming from?
DeleteHe means confining the electromagnetic mode. Shrinking photons/ confining wavefront is just a shorthand. Not technically accurate but not nonsense either.
DeleteSo you need to do mental gymnastics on basic principles to understand the presentation from a metaphotonics company. That is not a good look for eyeo
DeleteAccurate color reproduction for mobile phone applications? Most of them apply crazy filters anyway so what's the point? Maybe some nerd with an expensive calibrated monitor pixel peeping 😬
ReplyDeleteColor accuracy doesnt mean much anyways. Any algorithm can minimize Euclidean distance of means values from 24 patches.
Delete