Here is the feature list of the platform:
- Multi-streaming HD 1080p30 H.264 encode plus simultaneous VGAp30 H.264 for thumbview and 5 MPixel (MP) JPEG for high-resolution
- ISP with 3D Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF) and per-pixel Local Exposure Correction (LEC)
- ISP support of up to 32 MP resolution, 8- to 14-bit pixel processing, and 240 MP per-second capture, equivalent to 8 MP at 30 frames per second, enabling Digital Pan/Tilt/Zoom and oversampling to reduce aliasing
- 528 MHz ARM1136J-S CPU with AES/3DES crypto engine
- Rich set of peripherals: 16-bit LPDDR2/DDR2/DDR3, NAND, SLVDS/parallel sensor i/f, BT.656 in/out, analog SD/HD out, HDMI, Ethernet MAC, USB 2.0, SSI/SPI, I2S audio, IDC, UART, RTC, WDT, GPIO, iris/AF motor stepper, and SDIO for SD Card and WiFi/3G
- Low-power 45nm CMOS technology and SoC integration. A5s consumes less than 1 Watt (including DDR) at full HD 1080p30, allowing an IP camera design to use as little as 2 Watts.
- Wide selection of sensors supported, including Aptina MT9M033 (1.3 MP WDR), Aptina MT9J003 (10 MP), OmniVision OV2715 (2 MP), and Sony IMX036 (3 MP).