ESS states to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperium Partners Group on its web site. Conexant was recently acquired by Golden Gate Capital and its relation with Imperium Holdings is unknown. The five patents are:
- Patent 6,271,884: Image Flicker Reduction with Fluorescent Lighting.
- Patent 6,838,651: High Sensitivity Snap Shot CMOS Image Sensor.
- Patent 6,838,715: CMOS Image Sensor Arrangement with Reduced Pixel Light Shadowing.
- Patent 7,064,768: Bad Pixel Correction While Preserving Features.
- Patent 7,109,535: Semiconductor Device for Isolating a Photodiode to Reduce Junction Leakage.
The case was filed in the US Texas Eastern District Court by Kaye Scholer LLP of Washington, D.C. March 18, 2011 under case number 6:2011cv00128.