Although the numbers are retouched, the pie chart presents Yole's view on CIS fab shares:
Update: i-Micronews site shows few more interesting slides from the report:
Few more quotes:
- BSI image sensors account for 18% of total CIS sales in 2012. This fast adoption of the BSI technology is expected to reach more than 50% by 2017, increasing revenue to $5.7B.
- On IDM vs fabless: The only companies that are financially sustainable with an IDM model are vertically integrated from leading-edge 300mm CIS manufacturing up to the system level: Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba.
- CMOS image sensor market is expected to grow at an 11% CAGR in revenue in the 2012 - 2017 period, growing from $6.6B in 2012 to $11B in 2017.
- Three fast emerging applications of significant size should drive the growth of the market to an expected CAGR over 30%: Tablets, Automotive, and Smart TV.
- The CIS sales for tablets will represent nearly $1.5B in 2017.