- CMOS image sensor market is expected to grow at an 11% CAGR in revenue in the 2012 - 2017 period, growing from $6.6B in 2012 to $11B in 2017.
- Three fast emerging applications of significant size should drive the growth of the market to an expected CAGR over 30%: Tablets, Automotive, and Smart TV.
- CIS sales for tablets will represent nearly $1.5B in 2017.
- The automotive market is expected to reach $400M in 2017.
- Mobile handsets accounted for ~65% of total shipments in 2011.
- Back in 2009, Omnivison was the only major fabless image sensor manufacturer, but that situation is set to change: the fablight/foundry business models will be more and more successful in the future.
- BSI image sensors account for 25% of total CIS sales in 2012. This fast adoption of the BSI technology is expected to reach more than 70% by 2017, increasing revenue to $7.7B.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
PRNewswire: The new Yole Developpement's "Status of the CMOS Image Sensors Industry" report has few market numbers updated from the previous half-a-year old version:
Posted by Vladimir Koifman at 21:21