- Visually Lossless quality between 2:1 and 4:1.
- Persistent and Robust: Indistinguishable image loss over multiple generations
- Latency: Few Microseconds – very few line of pixels ( selectable from 1 to x)
- Small complexity and compact codec: easy to implement in low-cost FPGA or ASIC. It uses little internal memory and no external memory.
- Powerful , Real-time or faster than real-time in CPU
- Compatible with different resolutions, from mobile to 4K/8K UHDTV, via multiple usual transport schemes.
- Designed to be a standard for the industry-wide support: TICO compression technology is available on multiple software and hardware technologies.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Belgium-based IntoPix presents TICO - "visually lossless light compression specifically designed for the industry. This revolutionary technology is extremely tiny in hardware (FPGA, ASIC) , fast and powerful in software (CPU), robust for real-time operation with no latency." TICO is said to be "a smart upgrade path to manage higher resolutions (4K, 8K…) and frame rates while assuring visual quality, keeping power and bandwidth at a reasonable budget and reducing significantly the complexity and cost of the system." It features:
Posted by Vladimir Koifman at 07:11