Key findings from the report:
- The global market for image sensors is expected to reach USD 12,028.2 million by 2020
- Global image sensor shipments were estimated to be 1,797.9 million units in 2012; they are expected to reach 3,009.2 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- CMOS image sensors dominated the market in 2012, accounting for 83.2% of total shipments.
- Contact image sensors (CIS) segment is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Digital camera segment, including DSLR, was valued at USD 4,479.3 million in 2012.
- Medical applications are expected to be the fastest growing segment, with an estimated CAGR of 9.2% in terms of shipments from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest growing regional market during the forecast period. It accounted for 35.9% of the global shipments in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2014 to 2020.