- "In the first quarter of this year SiOnyx began generating its first product revenue — from defense industry customers — and now expects to expand its sales throughout the rest of the year."
- The technology can also be used for mobile biometrics such as to positively identify a user without using a name and password, he said. SiOnyx expects to begin targeting consumer applications for the technology in 2014, Saylor said.
- The firm now believes it's at a critical stage, he said. "We've taken the technology risk out, and we're about to hit the 'go button' and ramp up manufacturing." Ultimately, Saylor said, "I think this is a multi-billion dollar company."
- SiOnyx has raised $34 million in venture funding to date, "which for a fabless semiconductor company is not a whole lot of money," he said.
- SiOnyx currently employs 30, split evenly between offices in Massachusetts and Oregon, and expects to begin adding staff in sales and marketing soon, Saylor said. Overall the firm expects to double its headcount over the next 18 months, he said.
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Boston Business Journal has interviewed SiOnyx CEO Stephen Saylor. Few quotes:
Posted by Vladimir Koifman at 21:05