Christian Dupont, CEO of poLight, said, "Besides the integrated charge pump that provides sufficient voltage to activate the TLens, Semtech’s driver’s main features are its small size, low power and optimized performance, which are essential factors when combined with poLight TLens."
The SX8750 is sampling now and will be available in September in production quantities of 3,000-piece lots.
The driver's feature list:
- 2.65 - 3.6 V supply, -16 V to +30 V differential output
- Low power with less than 5mW averaged in active mode and with 1 uA listen mode current consumption
- Small form factor: CSP 0.8x1.6x0.5mm
- No coil or flying capacitor required for minimal total solution area
- I2C controlled 10 bit differential DAC for precise focus
- Low Interference thanks to lowest current consumption
- Allows for 1 ms settling time with TLens