- CMOS sensor, optical lens, AFA, filter and module account for about 52%, 19%, 6%, 3% and 20% of the camera-module market size in 2012, respectively.
- The camera module industry market size in 2012 was approximately US$10.8B, an increase of 24.1% over 2011, mainly driven by the great improvement in smartphone camera pixels, which extended into 2013, whereupon the mainstream smartphone camera pixels will be raised from 5MP to 8MP, and the high-end smartphone as high as 13MP.
- In 2013 camera module market size is expected to climb 23.1% over 2012 to US$13.3 billion.
- In 2013, all smartphones will be equipped with AFA, and high-end ones given with the OIS.
- Omnivision did all it could do to catch up from the second half of 2012 by lowering prices to stimulate sales. The consequent substantial growth of 50% in shipment narrowly kept its dominant position in the field of non-digital camera CMOS image sensor, followed closely by Samsung and Sony.
Friday, April 05, 2013
Business Wire: Research in China's Global and Chinese CMOS Camera Module Industry Report, 2012-2013 has been updated with the latest data:
Posted by Vladimir Koifman at 10:07