- Light's imaging technology radically reduces the size, cost and weight of advanced optics systems, resulting in high-quality imaging in a smaller form factor.
- With this partnership, Sunny Optical will build and assemble Light's camera modules, which is a core component of the imaging technology.
- Precision manufacturing, including active alignment, of the camera modules is critical in order to produce high-resolution images, without sacrificing the field of focus.
- Active alignment ensures the optical center of the lens barrel aligns with the optical center of the sensor assembly.
- As the global leader in integrated optical manufacturing, Sunny Optical can manufacture and assemble Light's imaging technology at scale.
- Light was co-founded by Dave Grannan (CEO) and Rajiv Laroia (CTO) in 2013.
- Financial terms of the partnership have not been disclosed.
Dave Grannan, CEO and co-founder, Light:
"To provide great imagery, we need to deliver an impeccably produced product. Sunny Optical delivers first-class manufacturing capabilities and the capacity to produce high-quality camera components at a global scale. The camera modules are the principal ingredient in Light's breakthrough technology and we are thrilled to be working with a manufacturing leader like Sunny Optical to make our vision a reality."
David Wang, CEO, Sunny Opotech - a company of Sunny Optical Technology:
"Light's technology brings a new element to the imaging market, and we are excited to work with Dave and the Light team. With our leading imaging and optical expertise, we look to continue to help our partners develop smart and integrated imaging and optical systems."
|Light Co. team, May 2015|