Friday, March 20, 2015

Strategy Analytics: Samsung Has Largest Smartphone CIS Market Share in Units

Strategy Analytics publishes "Smartphone CMOS Image Sensor Market Share 2014" report. The market for CMOS image sensors in smartphones increased by 28.5% to 2.41 billion units in 2014. The smartphone image sensor market is largely dominated by Sony, Samsung and Omnivision who together accounted for almost 60% of 2014 shipments. Main camera sensors accounted for 55.4% of the total smartphone image sensor market in 2014 with front facing camera sensors accounting for the remaining 44.6% (up from 26.8% in 2010). Samsung is said to have a narrow market share lead, as measured in units.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to avoid spam and personal attacks.